The Department of Sociology and Social Research welcomes scholars, researchers and PhD. Students to apply to our international programs to become a:
- Visiting scholar (full and associate professor): a scholar can apply to become a visiting professor, if she/he intends to stay at the Department at least for 1 month for teaching and / or research;
- Visiting researcher and post-doc researchers: a researcher can apply to become a visiting researcher, if she/he intends to stay at the Department at least for 1 month for teaching and / or research;
- Visiting PhD. student: a PhD. Student can apply to become a visiting researcher, if she/he intends to stay at the Department at least for 1 month for teaching and / or research;
- Erasmus professor / researcher: an Erasmus professor/ researcher is a scholar, who teaches at the Department thanks to an EU agreement.
Multilateral meetings with international scholars are also encouraged in order to promote exchange programs, joint projects, teaching activities.
During her/his stay the visiting scholar and researcher should contribute actively to research and learning activities.
A Faculty member will function as a contact person for the visiting scholar for any information she/he may need.
At the end the visiting scholar will receive an official certificate about her/his commitment at the Department.
Publications which have been made possible thanks to the stay at the Department of Sociology and Social Research, University of Milano-Bicocca should recognize that
- a formal letter, indicating: motivations, the title of the research to be conducted, the period of stay and weather a Visa is needed;
- brief description of the research;
- an update C.V.
- a letter of support by their supervisor.
The Department do not offer fellowships but facilities as follows:
- if available, a desk with a computer and a printer
- the access to the library
- canteen and services reserved for university personnel
- the possibility to book a room at the guest quarters.
For further information, you can write to Faculty members or to the secretary: Dott. Valeria Cazzaniga (firstname.lastname@example.org).